We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your accounts. We treat what we know about you confidentially, and take steps to make our computer databases secure. All personally identifiable information will remain private and will not be sold or distributed to any group organization or individual. We do not provide account or personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing. Information will only be released if (1) transactions are initiated and property authorized by the customer, (2) the customer requests it, (3) collection services are necessary, or (4) required by law (FOI request, subpoena). Individuals may have additional rights under applicable laws.
Paragould.net's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is intended to enhance the Internet for our users by preventing unacceptable use. All users of Paragould.net's Internet Services (the services we provide), those who access some of our services but do not have accounts (Visitors), as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services (Members), must comply with this AUP. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not generally monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any Web Site, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our Internet Service Agreement, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate the AUP. Paragould.net may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your Paragould.net account or other actions as detailed in Section 3. This AUP should be read in conjunction with our Internet Service Agreement and other policies.
2. VIOLATIONS OF PARAGOULD.NET'S ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of the AUP.
- a. Illegal Use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, or national or international law, or any rules or regulations there under.
- b. Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- c. Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- d. Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- e. Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.
- f. Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- g. Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature are prohibited.
- h. Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Paragould.net's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- i. Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- j. Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- k. Reselling the Services. Reselling the Services without Paragould.net's authorization.
- l. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services, for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Paragould.net's Services or the Internet, is strictly prohibited. This includes denial of service(DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in a illegal or inappropriate manner.
- m. Exceeding Web Site Size and Email storage size: All Paragould.net Members receive free web space for use with their Internet access account. Each member also receives up to 4 email addresses. Each Member is allotted 5 Mb of space for a personal web page, and 5 Mb of space per email address for storage. A site or email account that exceeds the 5 Mb of space will become unavailable. Unavailability includes but may not be limited to the inability to access the site publicly or to publish to or modify the site's contents via certain Web creation tools.
- n. Sending of suspected viruses. Using the Services to send (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) suspected viruses or other malicious programs whether known or unknown is prohibited.
3. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF PARAGOULD.NET'S AUP
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The time and date of the alleged violation, including the time zone or off set from GMT
Paragould.net may take any one or more of the following action in response to complaints:
- Issue warnings
- Suspend the Members account
- Terminate the Members account
- bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
4. REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Paragould.net reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Internet Service Agreement and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with the Internet Service.
This general service agreement is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. Customer agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement and the service policies posted on Grnco.net's website. The customer also agrees to pay Paragould Light Water & Cable the complete price for the services.
Scope of the Agreement:
The Internet is a computer network of inter-operable packet switched data networks. PLWC does not own, operate or manage the Internet and the Internet is in no way affiliated with PLWC. Therefore, Customer agrees that PLWC cannot guarantee that the services will provide Internet access that is sufficient to meet Customer's needs. Customer agrees that its use of the Internet and the Internet services is solely at its own risk and is subject all applicable local, state, federal and international laws and regulations.
Content of Communication:
Customer must evaluate and bear the risks associated with the subject matter, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content available to you on or the Services. Customer understands that PLWC is not liable for any action or inaction with respect to any content posted on or through the Services of the Internet.
Copyright and Other Rights:
The Services provide access to content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, intellectual property rights. Customer agrees that it will not post, transmit or download content that is subject to another party's rights, on or the Services, without that party's express permission. Such unauthorized uploading, downloading, posting or transmitting: (1) may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and; (2) may result in civil or criminal liability.
By posting or transmitting content to any public area (e.g., public chat rooms, message boards, software libraries) customer represents and warrants to PLWC that Customer has the right to post or transmit such content and that such content does not infringe any copyright of, or violate any right of privacy, or libel or violate any proprietary or other right of any other person. Customer hereby agrees to indemnify PLWC for any loss, liability, claim or expense whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any unauthorized posting or transmission or further use.
Warranties and Disclaimers:
PLWC warrants that the Services will be provided in a professional workmanlike manner. Customer must notify PLWC of any alleged breach of this warranty within 30 days after becoming aware of such alleged breach. If a claim occurs under guarantee and Customer notifies PLWC within the required period, PLWC will use reasonable efforts to repair, correct, restore interrupted or replace the Services. This is the only obligation of PLWC and your only remedy for any breach of any warranty and guarantee.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH, HEREIN, THE SERVICED AND THE INTERNET ACCESS SERVICE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN ?AS IS?, ?AS AVAILABLE? BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, IN PARTICULAR, PLWC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED ON AN UNINTERRUPTED OR CONTINUOUS BASIS.
Limitation of Liability:
PLWC shall not be liable to Customer or to any party for any consequential, indirect or speculative damages of any kind including, without limitation, loss or liability resulting from: (1) loss of data; (2) loss of software or hardware; (3) loss or liability resulting from computer viruses or malicious worms; (4) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (5) loss and liability resulting from any errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information, goods, or services obtained on or through the service, and (6) loss or liability resulting from acts of God. This limitation of liability applies even if PLWC is informed of the possibility of such damages.
PLWC entire liability with respect to your use of the Services, the Access Service Software, as well as any breach of the Agreement is solely limited to the amount you have paid to PLWC in connection with the Services provided herein.
Customer agrees that use of the Services binds the customer to the agreement. This agreement will continue on a month-to-month basis until terminated. All hardware issued for cable Internet service remains the property of PLWC and must be returned to the offices of PLWC at 1901 Jones Road, Paragould, AR 72450 upon termination of service.
PLWC will send Customer a monthly invoice. Charges shall be billed the month after use of Services.